When you requested the advance the repayment amount will of been told to you prior to you receiving the advance.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, you may be able to defer your advance repayments for up to 3 months for new claim advances, or up to one month for change of circumstances advances. This is only available in exceptional circumstances. If you think you need to defer your advance repayments you should contact your work coach using your online journal. If you are not able to access your online account you can call the helpline on 0800 328 5644. If you have other debts, such as tax credit overpayment or housing benefit overpayment, call DWP Debt Management on 0800 916 0647 to ensure they do not increase the amount they recover.

Deductions for advances will be for New Claim Advance, Budget Advance or a Change of Circumstances Advance.

The maximum deduction that can be taken is a figure equivalent to 25% of the standard allowance, see below for details.

If you are already repaying the maximum 25% for your advance then no other debt will be recovered from your entitlement unless it is for rent arrears or utilities (like electric, gas or water).